Date: March 19, 2020
RE: COVID-19 (Corona Virus)
The escalating reports of coronavirus (COVID-19) both worldwide and in the US has justifiably caused concern and anxiety for all of us. The US FDA has advised “Currently there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19.” We at Valley Fig Growers take the health and safety of our employees and customers very seriously. We have taken the following precautionary measures to protect our customers and employees.
- Maintained and increased the frequency of our already strict cleaning and sanitizing schedule throughout our site.
- Performed a supplier risk assessment to ensure our suppliers do not present a risk to Valley Fig Growers based on country and state of origin.
- Ensured that none of our employees have presented any flu-like symptoms.
- Outside visitors to our site are limited to business-essential visits.
- If necessary, employees who can, will be working remotely and collaboratively.
- We will be conducting business meetings via phone.
- Seniors 65 and older are off work until further notice.
- Parents and guardians of children out of school due to school closures may be taking time off.
- We are adhering to all local, State and Federal Government safety guidelines.
We appreciate your continued business with Valley Fig Growers, and we hope for a speedy end to this situation. We urge everyone to stay informed (the Centers for Disease Control regularly updates their site) and to take the recommended precautions to stay safe and healthy.
For questions related to food and COVID-19 go to: https://www.fda.gov/food
Please bear with us if your order is delayed due to ingredient and/or labor shortages.
Thank you, we appreciate your continued business with us. May all of you stay safe and healthy.