Cream Cheese, California Fig, and Walnut Spread
Pull out the cinnamon or blueberry bagels to match up with fig walnut cream cheese. This spreadable cream cheese is a great addition to for brunch.
Servings 24 servings
- 6 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Golden California Figs stems trimmed, quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt kosher
- 2 tbsp green scallion tops optional, thinly sliced
- Finely chop the figs in a food processor. Add the cream cheese and process until combined. Add the walnuts and salt; pulse just to blend. Scrape into a bowl. Add the scallions, if desired.
- Serve the spread on crisped endive leaves, celery boats, crackers, apple or pear slices, or toast, or use it as a sandwich spread.
- Cream Cheese, Dried Fig, and Walnut Spread with Smoked Salmon: Add 1/4 cup diced smoked salmon (about 2 ounces) to the food processor along with the walnuts and salt.
Recipe source: Fig Heaven© 2011 by Marie Simmons