Rosemary Chicken with California Fig-Orange Sauce
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or ham about 1 1/2 oz.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried
- Cut stems from figs and cut into quarters. Place figs and orange juice in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Set aside. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound until thin. Combine honey and mustard. Spread 2-3 teaspoons on each chicken breast; top with one slice of prosciutto. Place about six fig pieces in center of chicken. Reserve orange juice and remaining figs. Fold in sides and ends of breast; secure with toothpick. In skillet over medium high heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side. Combine broth, cornstarch, orange peel and rosemary with reserved orange juice and figs; pour over chicken. Cook covered 2-3 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove toothpicks and serve.