Cinnamon Apple Fig Overnight Oats with Almond Milk
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or other kind of milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple diced
- 1/4 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Dried Figs
- 1 tablespoon walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
For each serving, add 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, and a dash of cinnamon to a jar or container.
Combine the milk and vanilla extract and divide evenly between the containers. Stir until combined, then seal tightly and refrigerate overnight (minimum of 4 hours).
The next morning, top the overnight oats with diced apples, figs, and walnuts. Drizzle with honey and serve.
- Make this recipe vegan by substituting almond milk for the liquid and maple syrup for the sweetener.
- Chia seeds give overnight oats a thick and creamy texture like pudding. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add a bit more milk the next morning before topping with fruit, nuts, and honey.
- These oats can be eaten warm or cold. For warm oats, place in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds before adding the toppings.
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 2mg