Turkish Canned Pinto Bean Salad
A traditional Turkish bean salad inspired this pinto beans recipe. Tossed with tahini sauce and figs, this is a tasty way to use canned pinto beans.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin-olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves lightly crushed and peeled
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground dried Aleppo pepper
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and halved
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs quartered
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Cook 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until garlic turns golden but not brown, about 3 minutes. Add beans, 2 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes.
Drain beans and discard garlic. Whisk remaining 3 tablespoons oil, tahini, lemon juice, Aleppo pepper, 1 tablespoon water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in large bowl. Add beans, tomatoes, figs, onion, and parsley, and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving platter and arrange eggs on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and extra Aleppo pepper and serve.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 749IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg