Cauliflower, Figs & Grated Carrot in Chermoula Sauce
This zippy cauliflower salad with grated carrot and figs is tossed in chermoula sauce. It's the kind of salad perfect for cook-outs and picnics.
- 1 head cauliflower (2 pounds), cored and cut into 2-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 red onion , sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup (6oz) Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Dried Figs , stemmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Salad
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 475F. Toss cauliflower with oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and roast until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove foil and scatter onion on sheet. Roast until vegetables are tender, cauliflower is deep golden, and onion slices are charred at edges, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring halfway through roasting. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
For the Chermoula
Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl as needed; transfer to a large bowl.
Add cauliflower-onion mixture, carrot, and figs and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cilantro and almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
NOTE: Use the large holes of a box grater to shred the carrot.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 904mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 5711IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 2mg