Cannellini Bean Salad with Red Bell Pepper + Figs
Salad with cannellini beans is a plant-based meal for picnics. Make a bowl of cannellini bean salad with red peppers and figs for your next outdoor meal.
- 8 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled and smashed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans , rinsed
- 1/4 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Mission Figs , stemmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper , stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Heat 2 teaspoons oil and garlic in small saucepan over medium-high heat until garlic just begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Slowly add ⅔ cup water and ¼ teaspoon salt and bring to simmer. Off heat, add beans and figs, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes. Combine vinegar and shallot in large bowl and let sit for 20 minutes.
Drain beans and remove garlic. Add beans, remaining 6 teaspoons oil, bell pepper, parsley, and chives to shallot mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Serve.
Recipe and photo by