Pepperoni Deep Dish Pizza Recipe with Mission Figs + Olives
Anyone can bake a delicious fig deep dish pizza at home with deep dish pizza pans. Go gourmet with our pepperoni with olive and fig deep dish pizza recipe.
Servings: 8 slices
Deep Dish Pizza Dough
- 3 1/2 cups (508g) bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6g) Red Star Platinum Yeast
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons (6g) fine kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons (78g) olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) warm water (+1-2 tablespoons more, if needed)
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (260g) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon (1g) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (1g) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce / 227g) bag Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Mission Figs , stems removed
- 1 cup (135g) sliced black olives , drained
- 2 cups (8 ounce / 220g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce / 12g) grated Parmesan
Prep the Pizza Dough
Ina stand mixer, whisk bread flour, yeast, cornmeal, and salt for 10 strokes. Using the paddle attachment and set on low speed, stream in the olive oil while processing. Then add in enough water so the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Swap in the bread hook, knead for 2 minutes on medium-low. Windowpane the dough to see if it’s ready to go. Grease a large bowl with olive oil. Transfer the dough to the bowl. Cover and chill overnight.
Set dough on the counter or warm place until it doubles in size, 2 hours more or less—time varies based on your kitchen’s warmth. Punch down the dough. Set the dough aside to double in size again.
Make the Pizza Sauce
Make the pizza sauce, stirring together the tomatoes, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Make the Fig Olive Relish
Bake the Pizza
One hour before baking, adjust rack to the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 450°F. Melt the butter.
Pour the butter into the Emile Henry deep dish pizza pan, greasing the sides and bottom. Transfer the dough to the pan, pressing it down from the center and up the sides.
Evenly sprinkle on the cheese. Scatter the fig and olive atop. Polka dot with pepperoni. Spoon on the pizza sauce evenly. Sprinkle on the Parmesan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before transferring pizza to a board to slice and serve.