Farro Salad Recipe with Figs + Radicchio
This farro salad recipe with figs makes a healthy side dish or light main. It's nutty and chewy, nutritious, and delicious.
- 1 cup farro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , plus salt for cooking farro
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped Chioggia radicchio
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts , toasted and chopped coarse, divided
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Dried Figs , stemmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 ounce blue cheese , crumbled (1/4 cup)
Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan. Stir in farro and 2 teaspoons salt. Return to boil; reduce heat; and simmer until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain well. Spread on rimmed baking sheet and let cool for at least 15 minutes (farro can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 days).
Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, pepper,and salt together in large bowl. Add farro, radicchio, parsley, half of hazelnuts, and figs to dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with blue cheese and remaining hazelnuts. Serve.
Recipe and photos by
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 893IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 3mg