Charcuterie Board with Dried Fig Relish
Pass on the cheese plate and plan on an antipasto platter. Adding dried fig relish to a charcuterie board with pickles, nuts, and cheese is so much better!
Servings: 6 people
For the relish (makes about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 1/3 cup green olives coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 2 tbsp mint leaves snipped
- 1 1/2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the platter
- Fig Relish
- 12 ounces cured meats sliced
- 3 wedges cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted whole almonds
- small pot of mustard
- 1/2 lb red grapes or purple
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1/2 cup cornichons
- toasted baguette slices
In a bowl, stir together the figs, olives, almonds, celery, and mint leaves.
Stir in the vinegar and oil and taste. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
Arrange the fig relish, meat, cheese, almonds, mustard, grapes, berries, olives and cornichons on a platter. Serve with baguette and crackers.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1.1mg