Fig Mexican Pulled Pork Taco Recipe
Who doesn't love pork and fig recipes? This flavorful combination really shines when you add California Figs to our Mexican Pulled Pork Taco recipe.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 can tomato sauce (15-ounce)
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed, dried
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 boneless pork butt roast trimmed, (3-pound)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice 2 limes
- 12 corn tortillas warmed, (6-inch)
Combine tomato sauce, figs, chili powder, cumin, chipotle, and garlic in 5½- to 7-quart slow cooker. Slice pork crosswise into 4 equal pieces, trim excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Nestle pork into slow cooker, cover, and cook until pork is tender, 9 to 10 hours on low or 6 to 7 hours on high.
Transfer pork to bowl and let cool slightly. Using 2 forks, shred into bite-size pieces, discarding excess fat. Using large spoon, skim excess fat from surface of mole sauce.
Process sauce in blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in cilantro and lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Adjust sauce consistency with hot water as needed.) Stir 2 cups sauce into shredded pork. Serve with warm tortillas and remaining sauce.
Calories: 935kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 129g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 346mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 2391mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1565IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 6.8mg