California Fig-Basil Tuna Salad
This tuna salad recipe will have you take two. Mix up your tuna salad routine with basil and California Figs.
Servings: 4 people
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cans solid white tuna in water drained and flaked
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce 1 pound, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Combine mayonnaise, figs, basil, shallot, lemon juice, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Stir in tuna until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Evenly distribute lettuce among 4 plates. Drizzle lettuce with oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide tuna salad among 4 plates of lettuce. Serve.
Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook's Country TV.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 772mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2850IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2.5mg