California Fig Skewers Appetizer
Serve California Fig Skewers to pair with red wine-- one of your new favorite Mediterranean appetizer recipes for happy hour.
Servings: 16 skewers
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2/3 cup olive oil
Make marinade: In a small bowl, combine wine vinegar, honey, salt and crushedvred pepper. Stir to dissolve honey and salt. Stir in parsley, thyme, garlic and olivevoil. Transfer half of marinade to a separate bowl. Stir Figs into one bowl; add 1 tablespoon water. Combine cheese and remaining marinade. Cover both bowls and chill for 8 hours or up to two days, stirring occasionally.
To assemble skewers, Drain Figs and cheese, reserving marinade andvdiscarding garlic. Alternate one of each item (Fig, cheese ball, bell pepper, greenvonion and salami or olive onto each skewer. For larger skewers, alternate two of each item on each skewer.
Recipe and photo by Lorelle Del Matto
- If you don’t have small appetizer-size skewers use longer ones and thread 2 pieces of each ingredient onto each.
- Cut dry salami into 4 (¼-inch) slices. Then cut each slice into 4 quarters.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 12.9mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 0.5mg