Orzo with California Figs, Gorgonzola, & Prosciutto
Cold pasta salads like our fig orzo pasta recipe are a classic. Tossed with gorgonzola and California dried figs, slices of prosciutto thread orzo pasta.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 pound orzo rice shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach leaves packed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
Cook orzo according to package. Set aside. In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, about 1 minute. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in figs and prosciutto and cook 1 minute longer. Add pasta, stirring to combine. Pour in chicken broth and cook until most of the liquid has absorbed, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Makes about 7 cups (8-10 servings).
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 287mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 0.8mg