Orzo with California Figs, Gorgonzola, & Prosciutto
Cold pasta salads like our fig orzo pasta recipe are a classic. Tossed with gorgonzola and California dried figs, slices of prosciutto thread orzo pasta.
Servings 10 servings
- 1 pound orzo rice shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach leaves packed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- Cook orzo according to package. Set aside. In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, about 1 minute. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in figs and prosciutto and cook 1 minute longer. Add pasta, stirring to combine. Pour in chicken broth and cook until most of the liquid has absorbed, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Makes about 7 cups (8-10 servings).