Cabbage Chopped Salad Recipe with Dried Figs
Fresh food fast starts with bagged cabbage. Add some mix-ins for a cabbage chopped salad recipe that makes easy work of lunch or dinner.
Servings: 6 people
Cabbage Chopped Salad
- 3 cups arugula chopped
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups Mann’s Power Blend Superfood Slaw®
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (15-oz)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Dried Figs stems removed
- 2 avocadoes diced
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
Fig Tahini Dressing
- 2 Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Mission Figs stems removed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons water to thin as necessary
Prepare the Fig and Tahini dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add water to thin dressing, as necessary. Pour into a jar and set aside.
Prepare the cabbage chopped salad: Add all ingredients (except avocado and hemp seedto a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Pour in dressing (note, you may not need to use all the dressinand toss to coat.
Sprinkle with hemp seeds and add in avocado.
Dish out veggie chopped salad and enjoy!
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 827mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3440IU | Vitamin C: 93.6mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 3.1mg