Eat the rainbow in this cabbage chopped salad. We love good salad recipes and dried figs are so versatile you could easily eat a different kind of salad each day. Loaded with so many great and nutrient-dense ingredients including abundant greens, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocadoes, and blueberries. We toss in chickpeas for added protein. The star of this salad are our Sun-Maid and Orchard Choice California Dried Figs. Dried figs are rich in antioxidants and a variety of nutrients including potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and iron. They show up in the salad sliced but also in an easy salad dressing that will become a new staple. Add in even more seasonal fruits and vegetables to this chopped salad if you’d like (strawberries are great here). Depending on when you make the salad, change up the veggies based on what’s in season: add in corn, roasted zucchini and eggplant, or whatever else you have on-hand.
Cabbage Chopped Salad Recipe with Dried Figs
Cabbage Chopped Salad
- 3 cups arugula chopped
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups Mann’s Power Blend Superfood Slaw®
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (15-oz)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Dried Figs stems removed
- 2 avocadoes diced
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
Fig Tahini Dressing
- 2 Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Mission Figs stems removed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons water to thin as necessary
- Prepare the Fig and Tahini dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add water to thin dressing, as necessary. Pour into a jar and set aside.
- Prepare the cabbage chopped salad: Add all ingredients (except avocado and hemp seedto a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Pour in dressing (note, you may not need to use all the dressinand toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and add in avocado.
- Dish out veggie chopped salad and enjoy!