Broccoli Rabe, California Dried Figs and Pine Nut Topping
Eat your veggies with broccoli recipes. Sprinkle figs and pine nuts on this roasted broccoli rabe recipe for a delectable side dish.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs about 4 ½ ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe about 1 pound, washed, trimmed, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- Heat oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, dried figs, and salt in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant and slightly toasted, about 1 ½ minutes. Add broccoli rabe and broth; cover and cook until rabe turns bright green, about 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until most of broth has evaporated and rabe is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Serve over polenta, sprinkling individual portions with pine nuts.
Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV. Recipe credit: America’s Test Kitchen.