Looking for a new breakfast idea? Try these delicious and hearty muffins. Every bite is packed with California figs, decadent apples and a hint of cinnamon flavor.
California Fig and Apple Muffins
Cinnamon apple muffins taste a bit like fall. A bit of spice and chewy sweet California Figs make these apple cinnamon muffins a great way to wake up.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups apples diced, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine egg, yogurt and melted butter in small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Stir in apples and figs. Spoon batter into greased muffin pan (cups will be very full). For topping, combine all ingredients. Mix well; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.