California Fig Cranberry Bars with Caramel Drizzle
Drizzled with caramel and studded with California Figs, we take the cranberry bar to a new level. One taste and you’ll love this cranberry bar recipe.
Servings 32 bars
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped, toasted
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In small bowl combine cranberries and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar; set aside. In medium bowl stir together 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar and baking soda. Stir in butter. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Stir figs and walnuts into cranberries and sprinkle evenly over crust. Stir together caramel topping and remaining 1/3 cup flour; drizzle over fruits and nuts. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 32 bars.
Photo David Campbell