California Fig, Lemon & Honey Cheesecake
Servings 12 servings
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Fig, Lemon & Honey Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed, sliced
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 325°. For crust, mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into bottom of buttered 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, till edges are golden. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with figs.
- For cheesecake, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth, scraping bowl as needed. Gradually beat in sugar, then sour cream, zest and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Scrap filling into pan over figs. Bake on middle rack for 45 to 55 minutes, until almost set in center. Cool. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- For sauce, combine water, honey and lemon juice in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Add cornstarch solution and stir for a few seconds, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in figs. Cool. Chill until serving time. To serve, run thin knife around edge of cheesecake and remove side of pan. Cut into wedges and top each with sauce. Garnish with thin slices of lemon, if desired.
Photo: David Campbell.