California Fig & Pecan Brandy Balls
Boozy bites like this brandy balls recipe make the best holiday sweets. Our Fig Brandy Balls are the best pecan candy out there.
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups gingersnap cookies finely crushed
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed, finely chopped
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- In bowl of food processor, combine ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, ¼ cup pecans and salt. Whirl to a fine texture. Spoon into bowl and set aside.
- In the same food processor bowl, combine crushed cookies, figs, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, ½ cup pecans, brandy and butter. Pulse to blend well. Chill mixture for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Form rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Roll balls in reserved sugar-nut mixture. Place in airtight container. Chill for 12 hours for flavors to meld. Balls can made up to 2 weeks ahead; store in refrigerator.
Chocolate & Fig Amaretto Balls: Prepare as directed substituting toasted almonds for pecans, crushed chocolate wafer cookies for gingersnaps and amaretto for brandy. *Variation for Brandy Balls: Instead of brandy, pour 1teaspoon brandy extract into measuring cup; add water to measure ½ cup. Increase extract to 2 teaspoons as needed for more flavor. *Variation for Amaretto Balls: Instead of amaretto, pour 1 teaspoon almond extract into measuring cup; add water to measure ½ cup. Increase extract to 2 teaspoons as needed for more flavor. Photo David Campbell