“I Love You” Brownie-California Fig Pie
Ditch the square pan, make a brownie pie! Hang onto this brownie pie recipe for special occasions to say I love you.
Servings 10 people
- 1 pie crust refrigerated
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (19- to 21-oz.)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs large
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs chopped with stems removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted, or other nuts (optional)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- white decorating icing fit with writing tip
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Unfold crust and press into 9-inch pie plate.
Fold excess crust under and press together to form edge. In bowl, stir
brownie mix, oil, eggs and water until well blended. Stir in figs and
nuts. Spoon 3 cups batter into crust. Spoon any remaining batter into
greased or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Bake muffins 20 to 25 minutes;
bake pie 45 to 50 minutes, until pick inserted in center comes out
almost clean (cover edge of crust with foil after 20 minutes). Cool on
- For topping, place chocolate chips in glass measuring cup; heat in
microwave oven on high (100%) power 1 minute. Stir. Repeat heating and
stirring at 20 second intervals until melted. Spread over pie and
cupcakes. Cool. With decorator icing write “I Love You” or other message
Photo: George Selland.