White Chocolate Fig Oatmeal Bar Recipe
This isn’t just any oatmeal bar recipe. White chocolate and dried figs make them unforgettable. Find out how to make decadent oatmeal bars everyone will love.
Servings 36 bars
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs finely chopped
- 1 tsp orange zest finely minced
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter softened, cut into 8 pieces
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp orange zest finely minced
Directions for the bars:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13 by 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, salt, figs and orange zest in medium bowl until combined. Heat butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat until nutty brown in color, about 12 minutes. Pour hot butter over white chocolate chips in large bowl and whisk until smooth. Whisk in brown sugar until dissolved, then whisk in vanilla and egg until combined. Stir in flour mixture in two additions until combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 17 to 19 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack.
Directions for the glaze:
- Bring brown sugar, water, and salt to simmer in small saucepan. Pour hot sugar mixture over white chocolate chips and orange zest in small bowl, whisking until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm bars and cool on rack until warm to touch, about 1 ½ hours.
- Using foil overhang, lift bars from pan and cool completely on rack, about 30 minutes. Cut into bars and serve. (Bars will keep in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.