Raspberry and Fig Puff Pastry Napoleons
Fruit lovers, puff pastry napoleons with dried figs and raspberries are for you. Pull out frozen puff pastry recipes anytime you need an elegant dessert.
Servings 8 servings
- 8 ounces Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries sweetened, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp raspberry liqueur optional
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg white slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon curd
- Remove stems and thinly slice figs. Whirl berries and juice in blender until smooth. Strain sauce through fine-meshed strainer into medium saucepan; discard seeds. Stir in figs, sugar and liqueur. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring for 1 minute. Cool. Chill.
- Heat oven to 400° F. Thaw pastry for 20 minutes; unfold and cut along folds into 3 rectangles. Cut each rectangle, cross-wise, into four pieces. Place on baking sheet. Prick with fork. Brush 8 pieces with egg white and sprinkle with almonds. Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from sheet and cool on rack. Split each pastry in half, lengthwise.
- Whip cream until firm peaks form. Stir in lemon curd.
- Remove figs with slotted spoon; reserve sauce. Spoon sauce onto 8 small plates. Place one plain pastry, cut side up, on each plate. Spoon half of figs and half of lemon cream on pastries, dividing evenly. Top each with another plain pastry, cut side down, remaining figs and cream. Top with almond pastries.
Photo: George Selland