Oven Roasted Salmon Fillets with Figs, Caramelized Onions and Red Wine
When you know how to roast salmon, dinner is done in a flash. Oven roasted salmon fillets with caramelized onion and figs is a deal-maker.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound yellow onions halved and thinly sliced to measure 4 cups
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and halved (6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup red or white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/3 pounds salmon filet skinned and cut into 4 portions
- Chopped parsley
- Swirl olive oil in bottom of medium nonstick skillet. Add onions and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Remove cover and cook, stirring often, until onions are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in figs, wine, broth, vinegar and fresh rosemary. Increase heat to high and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Place on lightly oiled heavy baking sheet. Roast for 7 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes. Sprinkle salmon with parsley. Serve over fig sauce.