Grilled baby back ribs are simply finger licking good at your next potluck or summer cookout. To keep BBQ sauce from burning, brush it onto whatever you’re grilling at the very
Potato salad, cole slaw or broccoli salad complete the meal. Baby back ribs grilled in a spiced fig sauce will become a new favorite.
Spiced California Fig Baby Back Ribs
- 1 slab pork baby back ribs 2-3 pounds, membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice California Mission Figs stems removed
- 1 cup Spiced Fig Not Ketchup
- Heat the grill to medium heat (350 degrees F).
- Lay a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the counter. Put the slab of ribs on top of the foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper and Chinese five-spice powder. Sprinkle the spice mixture all over both sides of the ribs. Scatter the figs over the meat.
- Wrap the ribs tightly in the aluminum foil, using several layers if necessary to make sure the packet is well sealed.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and close the top. Grill about 60 minutes.
- Remove the foil packet from the grill and open it. Saving the figs for serving, carefully remove the ribs and put them directly on the grill. Cook the ribs for another 15 minutes, brushing on a thick layer of the Spiced Fig Not Ketchup every few minutes.
- Let the ribs rest for 10 minutes, then slice. Serve with the figs and more Spiced Fig Not Ketchup.