Lamb skewers don’t need much prep to get them meal-ready in a flash. When the weather gets warm enough to fire up the grill, this is one of the first recipes you’ll reach for. Metal skewers conduct heat very effectively, so the insides of your meat and vegetables will cook more quickly than with wooden or bamboo skewers. Adjust your cooking time accordingly and check your lamb kebabs often.
Spiced Fig Marinated Lamb Kebabs
- Thin bamboo or metal skewers
- Put the lamb cubes in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, then pour over ½ cup of Fig BBQ Sauce and mix well. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for two hours.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water while the lamb is marinating.
- Heat the grill to medium-high (400 degrees F).
- Cut the zucchini into rounds about 1 inch thick. Slice the onion into 8 wedges, then cut each wedge in half.
- Thread the lamb, figs, zucchini and onion onto the skewers, using 2 cubes of lamb per skewer and dividing the rest of the ingredients evenly. You should end up with 8-10 kebabs.
- Grill the kebabs about 15 minutes, turning often and brushing generously with Fig BBQ Sauce.
- Serve immediately.