Swap out the beef burger for this lamb slider recipe that doubles as an amazing appetizer or
light supper. California Figs add sparkle to lamb sliders that we like served with sweet potato fries or a green salad.
Saucy Spiced Fig Lamb Sliders
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 red onion half minced, half shaved into thin slices
- 1/2 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Golden Figs stemmed and chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Fig BBQ Sauce divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Mission Figs stemmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 soft dinner rolls or Hawaiian-style rolls
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 thick slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Make the Slaw: toss together the cabbage, shaved onion, California Golden Dried Figs, parsley, mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup fig barbecue sauce until blended.
- Combine the ground lamb, minced onion, California Mission Figs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until blended. Shape into 8 patties. Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the patties and cook about 4 minutes. Turn them over, brushing the top generously with FIg BBQ Sauce. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Assemble the slider: lay a few basil leaves on the bottom side of a roll. Top with a slider patty, a slice of mozzarella and pile on the slaw. Serve immediately.