Healthy Snacking Starts Here
Orchard Choice California Dried Mission Figs
Make a homemade healthy snack with nutrient-dense figs packing extra fiber in. The familiar fig flavor you love, our Orchard Choice Mission Figs sun-dry in our California orchards to harvest perfection before being packed and sold in our convenient resealable 8-ounce containers, perfect for snacking.
Fig Oatmeal Energy Balls
Makes 15 energy balls
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Dried Figs stemmed
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a food processor, pulse oats until finely processed and a flour like consistency.
- Add California Figs, peanut butter, coconut shreds, and cinnamon. Pulse until batter begins to come together pulling from the sides of the food processor.
- Roll dough into 1 tablespoon size bites. Lay bites on a parchment paper lined sheet and cool in the fridge for one hour so the bites can firm up.
- After oatmeal energy balls have firmed up, transfer to an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Elizabeth Falcigno