Have you ever tried sweet potato toast? We love taking that idea and turning it into bite-sized snacks and apps! Just like full-sized toasts, sweet potato toast bites can be topped with pretty much anything you like – try a dollop of dip and a sprinkle of nuts, a slice of ham and a chunk of cheese, or a spoon of peanut butter and your favorite fruit. This particular version Blue Cheese Dried Fig Sweet Potato Toasts is easy yet impressive. Add a sprinkle of flaked salt and serve them for company, holidays, or any time you’re in the mood for something special. Here’s how to make sweet potato toast in ovens.
Blue Cheese Dried Fig Sweet Potato Toast
- 12 slices California Sweet potato 1/4" thick
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 3 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and quartered
- 12 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt flaked
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cook the sweet potato slices in your toaster oven as you would small slices of bread, using the most well-done setting, until tender (you might have to do this in batches, and each batch might have to cook two times). Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Top each sweet potato slice with 1 teaspoon of blue cheese, 1 fig quarter, and a rosemary sprig, arranging them on plates or a platter. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, then drizzle with the honey and serve.
- Note: If you don't have a toaster oven, use 3 or 4 lengthwise slices of sweet potato and cook them in your toaster using the most well-done setting (you might have to do this two times). Then cut each toasted slice into 3 or 4 pieces to make 12 smaller toasts.