California Fig and Cranberry Orange Muffins
Cranberry orange muffins taste like the holidays. Bake a batch of these popular orange cranberry muffins, sweetened with dried figs from California.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup chopped Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems removed
- 3/4 cup cranberries fresh, frozen or dried
- Preheat oven to 375°Line muffin pan with baking cups. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; make well in center. In separate bowl, combine milk, oil, eggs and orange zest; add to flour mixture all at once. Stir just until combined. Gently fold in figs and cranberries. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on cooling grid. Serve warm or at room temperature.