This vegetarian fig and walnut pasta dish with Gorgonzola cheese has an incredibly rich flavor. Time to prepare: 20 minutes.
Gorgonzola Walnut Fig Linguine Noodles
Pasta is easy as a vegetarian main dish. Use linguine noodles or decide how to cook vermicelli, the walnuts, dried figs, and gorgonzola bring bold flavors.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion sliced
- 8 ounces vermicelli or linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Diamond Walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Remove fig stems and coarsely chop; set aside. Heat butter in large skillet. Add onion and sauté over medium-high heat 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain; toss with olive oil and set aside. Stir figs, walnuts and salt into onions; cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Photography George Selland.