California Fig & Bacon Cheddar Bites
Have you ever made baguette appetizers? Stuffing them with bacon and figs makes them a bit like bacon crostini with extra personality.
Servings 20 pieces
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2/3 cup bacon chopped and cooked
- 20 slices baguette cut thin
- In small bowl, stir together cheddar and cream cheeses. Stir in figs, green onions and sherry. Can be prepared a day ahead and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator. To serve, preheat oven to 375° F. Place baguette slices on large baking sheet. Place in oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread fig mixture on baguette slices. Top with bacon. Return to oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Photo David Campbell