California Fig, Cranberry and Port Wine Sauce
Serve port wine cranberry sauce with balsamic vinegar and dried figs with Thanksgiving turkey. You could serve cranberry sauce with port with pork too.
- 1 3/4 cups port wine
- 1/2 cup balsamic wine vinegar
- 2 cups Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs diced
- 1 rosemary sprig whole
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 12 ounces cranberries washed, drained
- kosher salt to taste
- Simmer all of the ingredients except the cranberries for ten minutes. Remove the rosemary sprig. Add the cranberries and simmer until half of them have popped their skins. Adjust the taste with salt if needed. Remove the sauce from the heat. This sauce can be served cold or hot.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kirt Martin, Snake River Grill, Hagerman, Idaho
Photo by Annelies Zijderveld