California Fig Crostini
Fancy a taste of France? These Fig Ham and Cheese Crostini are reminiscent of mini croque monsieur sandwiches. Serve them at your next brunch.
Servings 12 servings
- 8 ounces Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems trimmed
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard substitute with herb and garlic-flavored cream cheese
- 1/2 lb ham sliced, can also use smoked turkey or prosciutto
- 1/2 lb Swiss cheese may also use Jack or Cheddar cheese
- In saucepan, cover figs with water and bring to boil. Remove from heat, let stand 30 minutes; drain. Cut baguette into 12 slices. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 10 minutes or until crisp. Spread each slice with mustard or flavored cream cheese. Top with ham, turkey or prosciutto. Slice figs and place fan-style over meat; top with cheese. Place on baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Photography Annelies Zijderveld