This is the best ham I’ve ever eaten. If you always host during the holidays or this is your first holiday meal to make from scratch, you will love how easy this Easter ham recipe is, featuring Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs. The fig brown sugar glazed ham leftovers are great in hash for breakfast the morning after. We always make ham sandwiches or ham roll-ups with them and they’re great in my deviled ham spread too.
California Fig Glazed Ham with Carrots
- 1 cup Orchard Choice® Mission Figlets or Sun-Maid® California Mission Figs stemmed (divided)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 pound bone-in ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 pound carrots peeled
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Make the glaze: combine ½ cup California Figs, Dijon, grainy mustard, and honey in a food processor or blender. Process well—the mixture will have some chunks in it. Set aside.
- Place the ham into a large baking dish. Add the carrots.
- Slather the glaze over the ham. Sprinkle with brown sugar, pressing it into the sides of the ham.
- Top the carrots with the remaining California Figs.
- Drizzle the juice around the bottom of the pan.
- Seal tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour (15 minutes per pound).
- Remove the ham and place it in a serving dish. Strain the sauce from the baking dish into a gravy boat to serve alongside. Nestle the carrots and figs drizzled with pan juices along the side of the serving dish.