The dough may look dry at first, but it will come together as it is mixed.
California Fig Nut Bars
Figs and nuts go so well together and make up one of our favorite treats in an easy fig & nut bar recipe. Bake a batch of nutty fig bars for snacktime.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and shopped into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 8-inch square baking pan. Combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Stir in figs, pecans, eggs, and butter until combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with few crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes. Let bars cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 12 equal pieces and roll in confectioners’ sugar. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Serve.
Recipe provided by Cook’s Country TV. Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.