Cheesecake Mousse with California Fig Orange Sauce (Sweetheart Parfaits)
What makes fig cheesecake mousse can't fail is the orange fig sauce. Served in pretty cups as parfaits, you'll flip for this make-ahead fig cheesecake recipe.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs sliced, stemmed
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whipped heacy cream
Topping and Garnish:
- 1/2 cup shortbread cookies crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans or almonds, toasted, chopped
- sprigs of fresh mint optional
To make the sauce:
- In small saucepan, combine figs and orange juice. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and simmer until liquid is syrupy, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in orange liqueur and lemon juice. Chill until serving time.
To make the mousse:
- With wire whisk, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Gently whisk in 1/2 the whipped cream. With rubber spatula, fold in remaining whipped cream. (Sauce and mousse can be held in refrigerator up to 1 day.)
- Spoon mousse in bottom of 4 martini or champagne flutes. Smooth to an even layer. Top with fig sauce. Sprinkle with crumbled cookies and nuts. Garnish with mint.