Chia pudding is loaded with nutrients and keeps you full, and when topped with Sun-Maid or Orchard Choice California Figs, it’s a great breakfast or healthy snack. Our California dried figs are finely chopped along with fresh strawberries for a topping that adds sweetness to this healthy treat. Speckled with chia seeds, strawberry seeds, and “seeds” of figs, this snack sparkles with crunch! Combining fresh and dried fruit gives multiple textures to a satisfying fruit relish. A pint mason jar is preferred to make the chia pudding recipe below, though you can use a medium sized bowl—just whisk the ingredients together instead of shaking them as indicated in the instructions below and cover the top with plastic wrap.
Chia Seed Pudding & California Fig Relish
Chia Seed Pudding:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt
Dried Fig Relish:
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs divided
- 4 strawberries large, small dice
- Pour the almond milk into your mason jar. Stir in the chia seeds, honey, vanilla, and a dash of kosher salt. Cap and seal the jar. Give it a few spirited shakes to ensure even distribution of the chia seeds with the other ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove four California Figs, from the total amount, stemming and thinly slicing them. Set them aside.
- Make the fig fruit relish: With the remaining figs, stem and finely dice. Stir the figs and strawberries together in a small bowl with the strawberries until combined.
- Assemble the chia pudding cups: Slide the slices of figs down the walls of two glass tumblers, pressing them into the glass if needed so they adhere. Divide half the chia pudding between both glasses. Top each with the fig and strawberry fruit relish.