Chocolate California Fig Bon Bons
Make candy from scratch, these chocolate bon bons are so easy. Tuck a few of these fig chocolate balls into a tin or cello bag for a sweet gift.
Servings 25 bon bons
- 8 ounces Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems removed
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts or almonds, toasted
- 8 vanilla wafer cookies crushed
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate or white chocolate
- vegetable oil
- Process figs, hazelnuts and vanilla wafers in food processor until finely ground. Add powdered sugar, rum and orange peel; process until mixed. Dampen hands and shape mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls. Arrange close together on a baking sheet or wire rack.
- In small, deep, microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate on HIGH 1-2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Add a few drops of vegetable oil if needed to make chocolate thin enough to drizzle. Dip the tips of a fork in the chocolate and quickly drizzle over the fig balls, or dip each ball in chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
Photography David Campbell