Chocolate-California Fig Pecan Bars
If your favorite pie is pecan, this pecan bar recipe is for you! Adding chocolate and California dried figs to pecan bar cookies makes them irresistible.
Servings 32 bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar divided
- 10 tbsp butter or margarine
- 8 ounces Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs chopped
- 3/4 cups pecans chopped
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 eggs large
- 3/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir together flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Add butter, cut into small pieces. With pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (Mixture will be dry.)
- Press crust in bottom of lightly greased 13-x-9-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Sprinkle figs, pecans and chocolate morsels over crust. Lightly beat eggs, gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup and vanilla until well blended. Pour over crust. Return to oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until filling is firm around edges and slightly soft at center. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Photo George Selland