Chocolate-Dipped Stuffed California Figs
Stuffed figs are fabulous, but dip them in chocolate and they're unforgettable. Chocolate dipped figs are fun to make and delectable to devour.
Servings 15 figs
- 15 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup brandy or 1/2 water mixed with 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 pieces candied ginger or toasted nuts or chocolate
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate or bittersweet or white chocolate
- With sharp knife, cut small slit in bottom of each fig. In small saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in brandy and figs. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Drain figs, cool and dry thoroughly.
- Stuff one or two pieces of ginger, nuts and/or chocolate into each fig.
- Place chopped chocolate in 1-cup glass measuring cup or small microwave-safe bowl. Heat on medium/50% power until almost melted, stirring after every 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from oven and stir until melted. Hold stem of each fig and dip in melted chocolate. Place figs, stems up, on wax paper-lined tray until chocolate sets. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Photo David Campbell