When buying the turkey for this salad, ask the deli to slice it into a 1/2-inch thick slab so that you can easily cut it into 1/2-inch pieces.
Chopped Salad with California Figs, Bacon and Smoked Turkey
What makes salad better? Bacon! Bacon salad recipes add salty indulgence to salad. Try a Fig, Bacon & Smoked Turkey Chopped Salad for lunch during the summer.
Servings 4 servings
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts 12 ounces, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces deli smoked turkey breast cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add crisp bacon, lettuce, figs, turkey, and cheese and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among individual plates or transfer to serving platter and serve.
Recipe provided by Cook’s Country TV. Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.