Dark Chocolate Bark with California Figs & Nuts
Once you make a batch of this dark chocolate bark recipe with California dried figs and nuts, you'll be hooked. Chocolate bark makes a great edible gift.
Servings 28 pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate bar or semisweet bar, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts chopped, salted or lightly salted
- 2 ounces white chocolate broken into small pieces
- Melt bittersweet chocolate as package directs. Stir figs and nuts into melted chocolate. Spread on foil-lined baking sheet to thickness of about 1/4-inch. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- For white chocolate drizzle, melt white chocolate as package directs. Scrape into small plastic bag; seal bag. Snip tiny hole in corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate over bark. (Or dip teaspoon in chocolate and drizzle over bark.) Chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- Peel bark off foil and break into irregular 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Makes 24 to 28 pieces.
*Or chopped, toasted almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, cashews, walnuts or a combination. Fig Almond Bark: Omit mixed nuts and white chocolate. Increase chopped figs to 1 cup. Melt bittersweet chocolate as directed above and stir in figs. Spread on foil as directed. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds over chocolate. Press almonds into warm chocolate with back of spoon to secure. Chill and break into pieces as directed.