Apple and Fig Chutney with Fennel
Try apple and fig chutney with Indian cuisine or alongside chicken and pork. A little bit sweet, savory, and so delicious!
Servings 8 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb large, halved, cored, and cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 onion medium, chopped fine
- 2 Granny Smith apples medium, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add fennel and onion and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add apples, vinegar, sugar, zest, salt, and pepper flakes. Bring to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the figs and continue to cook until thickened, about 10 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours or overnight.
Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.