When the warm weather starts including a slight nip in the air, reach for a fig bourbon spritzer to warm you up from the inside out. This drink mixes bourbon, the fig shrub and fresh grapefruit juice to create a refreshing cocktail. Enjoy our perfect California Fig cocktail while grilling up some meat and veggies at your next backyard barbecue.
Fig Bourbon Spritzer
Servings 1 drink
- 1 3/4 fl oz bourbon
- 1/4 fl oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 12 fl oz balsamic fig shrub
- soda water
- grapefruit peel for garnish
- rosemary sprig for garnish
- Fill a highball glass ¾ of the way with ice cubes. Place bourbon, grapefruit juice, and fig shrub into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice cubes. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into the glass. Top with soda water.
- To make the garnish, slice a round of grapefruit peel. Using a small sharp knife, score the center of the peel. Thread the rosemary sprig through the center cut. Add garnish to the top of the cocktail.
Recipe and photo by Brian Samuels