Make a cocktail at home that ushers in a festive spirit with this fig vodka cocktail recipe from Sonoma eatery, the girl & the fig. Read on for the cocktail and also learn how the fig vodka recipe too.
So many kinds of cocktails and cocktail drinkers exist—the California Fig Blossom is a drink fruity cocktail fans will flip for. It combines blueberry vodka, fig vodka, and orange juice into the refreshing drink. The garnish of a rosemary sprig is both decorational, but also necessary as that subtle earthy note balances the flavor.
How to Make Fig Vodka
Sun-Maid and Orchard Choice Mission Figs bring an earthy deeper sweetness that really gives that familiar fig flavor. For a more subtle flavor that’s also a little tangy and delicately sweet, Golden Figs marry well with the citrus notes too.
Making a fruit vodka like the fig vodka involves heat and time. Combine the figs and vodka in a pan that’s brought to a simmer. Next, you will reduce the liquid by one-third. Remove the pan from the stove and set aside to steep overnight. Strain out the figs the next day and plan to use your fig vodka that day. You may notice that the recipe also calls for blueberry vodka. Use the same method from the fig vodka to prepare the blueberry vodka.
The California Fig Blossom
The Fig Blossom
- 1 oz fig vodka recipe below
- 1 oz blueberry vodka
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 oz ginger simple syrup
- 1 part Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 6 parts vodka
- Place figs and vodka together in a pan. Bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/3. Remove from stove and allow to steep over night. Strain. Now you have fig vodka!
The Fig Blossom
- Shake all ingredients together. Serve over ice. Garnish with rosemary blossoms.