Spinach Salad with Pecans, Pears, California Figs and Blue Cheese
Spinach salad recipes are always good to have on hand for a quick side dish. Top spinach salad with blue cheese, chopped figs, pecans, and pears.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 green or red USA pears cored and chopped, fresh, ripe
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems removed, quartered
- 2/3 cup Georgia pecan halves toasted
- 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, soy sauce and sugar; whisk in oil until blended. To serve salad, combine spinach, pears, figs, and pecan halves. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Top with blue cheese and serve.
Make Ahead Tip: The dressing can be made days ahead and refrigerated. Spinach does not wilt as quickly as lettuce, so the salad can be made about 20 minutes ahead, however, add chopped pears just before serving.