Succulent California Figs are filled with creamy ganache then dipped in dark chocolate for a stunning and satisfying treat.
We've got another name for fig chocolates– figcolates. This fig candy is perfect for the holidays or to give to your favorite valentines!
Servings 48 pieces
Honey Ganache Filling:
- 1 cup E. Guittard 64% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
Figs and Chocolate:
- 48 Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- E. Guittard 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate
- Coarsely chop chocolate and place in a medium bowl. Combine the cream, butter and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Let stand 2 minutes then whisk until smooth. Fill disposable pastry bag with the ganache and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm enough to pipe.
- Make a slit up through the center of the bottom of each fig about half way up the side. Indent the pulp in each side with your thumb to make a cavity for the filling. Pipe or scoop about 1 teaspoon ganache into the open center of the fig then close to original form. Dip in tempered chocolate.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Guittard Chocolate.